Over 280,000 households in Central Scotland could save hundreds of pounds on energy
Central Scotland MSP Graham Simpson backs the Energy Switch Guarantee, an industry initiative to make switching supplier simpler, quicker and safer.
More than 86% of households in Central Scotland could be missing out on hundreds of pounds of energy savings that can be made by switching energy provider.
The Energy Switch Guarantee – launched in June – is a set of ten commitments designed to offer customers more confidence in the switching process.
The signatories of the Guarantee will make sure the switch is completed in twenty-one days. The Guarantee gives customers the extra assurance that the switch will be fast and reliable.
Graham Simpson MSP said: "I want to see 86% of households in Central Scotland save hundreds of pounds by switching their gas and electricity supplier this winter.
“People tell me that if you’ve been with the same supplier for years switching can seem like a daunting task that is why I support the Energy Switch Guarantee which promises to make switching simple and smooth for everyone.”
Tina Tietjen, independent chair of the Energy Switch Guarantee said: “I encourage people to shop around this winter for the best deal for them. Customers can save hundreds of pounds and with the Energy Switch Guarantee they are assured a simple, speedy and safe switch.
“The Guarantee is a major commitment by suppliers - from the largest to some of the newest suppliers in the market - to make switching simple and quick. It is designed to reassure consumers who may have reservations about switching.”
Notes to editors:
- Further information about the Guarantee can be found by visiting www.energyswitchguarantee.com
- The switching regional data is supplied by Electralink who provides a secure service to transfer data between the electricity market participants. The company operates the Data Transfer Network (DTN) which underpins customer switching, meter interoperability and other business processes critical to a competitive electricity market.
- To find out more about initiatives and schemes to help with your energy bills on Energy UK’s website.
- To see the latest monthly switching stats, please visit Energy UK’s website.
- You can find out more about how to switch energy providers on Energy UK’s website.